2010 Equinox Fuel Range Accuracy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gosche15

Reaction score
I was wondering how accurate the fuel range monitor was on a 2010 Equinox. I just got mine last Friday and it to me it seems like the fuel gauge and fuel range monitor seems pretty accurate. Unlike my G6 before this, the fuel needle seems to go down evenly where in my G6 it seems like it just started to sink faster once it hit 1/4 of a tank. Also the fuel range monitor seems to go down pretty reasonably as well but in my G6 it seemed like once it hit 90 miles left it sank very fast.

My fuel light came on yesterday and the range said I had around 54 miles left. Just wondering if anyone has really tested that to see how accurate it is. I know it all depends on if you are city or highway driving but I was curious about the Equinox since it seems to be more accurate than my G6 which was a 2005 so not sure if within those 5 years they were really able to nail down the accuracy. I drive 36 miles one way to work with very few gas stations in between so I didn't want to risk it and filled up, ended up putting in a little less than 16 gallons and I believe it has an 18 gallon tank.

Anyone have any insight? This is the worst part about having a new car, is getting use to when to fill up. Thanks for any comments.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
It has always seemed darn accurate to me! These crossovers are great on fuel!

The fuel remaining miles is accurate and cannot be stretched. I think 37-39 miles is the lowest it will range before going to low fuel warning.

We've ran ours out of fuel a few times, to be honest.

Members online

No members online now.