2010 Equinox brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snapshot

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm new here and I hope this is the proper place to ask for some form of help on this. I have a 2010 Equinox LTZ AWD w/ the I4 and it has 62k miles on it. Here recently, I have noticed some odd sounds coming from the rear of the vehicle when braking. Braking above 30+ mph will generate this rhythmic high pitch sound from the rear driver side. Whenever braking at lower speeds (i.e. <15mph) it sounds like the brake is groaning/creaking. I haven't noticed any change in the braking ability of the vehicle. I changed out the rear brake pads w/ ceramics and the sound stopped for about 200 miles, but it has started once again. The rotors appear to be in good shape, but my regular mechanic won't be able to check it until the middle of next week. So, any insight? I'll appreciate any I can get!

P.S. If this is the wrong section, please move it to the proper one.

Edit: Right after I posted this I realized I wasn't in the maintenance section, sorry!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Hey, Welcome to the site!

Probably the next step that I would take is having the rotors turned down. Going to ceramic brake pads can cause the rotors to wear faster. You might need to consider looking at rotors that will accommodate ceramic pads or even slotted rotors. Seems like they are getting hot and causing the unwanted sounds.

Members online

No members online now.