2010 Black Granite 2LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
When I picked it up

IMG_0821.png

IMG_0806.png

IMG_0916.jpg

The pictures are actually old....I will have to get some more taken. It has several "modifications" done, as I can never leave anything alone :D

More of what it looks like now....Still things in the work down the road!

EquinoxSIDIBadge0016.jpg

Last edited:

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Welcome to the site and that is a nice NOX! How did it do pulling that Jet Ski?

Pulls just fine...I've had a double trailer with 2 jektski's and 4 adults in the car while pulling over the 4th of July weekend. Didnt have much of an issue (just the brakes did fade alot more but that is expected), and the temps still stayed around the 180-190 mark (GF laughs at me as I watch these things w/ data logging software, but it was the first time I had that much weigth in the nox).

I just wish for a better gearing of the tranny in the V6....either steeper tranny gears or a different final (2.77 blows imo)

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Pulls just fine...I've had a double trailer with 2 jektski's and 4 adults in the car while pulling over the 4th of July weekend. Didnt have much of an issue (just the brakes did fade alot more but that is expected), and the temps still stayed around the 180-190 mark (GF laughs at me as I watch these things w/ data logging software, but it was the first time I had that much weigth in the nox).

I just wish for a better gearing of the tranny in the V6....either steeper tranny gears or a different final (2.77 blows imo)

What kind of modifications have you done to your Nox?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Damn, that does look great stock! I can't wait to see the newer pics!

How did you find the site?

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
What kind of modifications have you done to your Nox?

Tint
Clearbra
GM splashguards
H11 to H9 replacement
Interior LEDs
Fixed the interior latch assly (was bright chrome)
Debadged rear (removed the Equionx LT)
Blacked out rear tail lights

In the works...
*Aux tranny cooler
*Trifecta Tune (working w/ Vince on that)
*Body color chevy emblems (waiting on paint)

Last edited:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Tint
Clearbra
GM splashguards
H11 to H9 replacement
Interior LEDs
Fixed the interior latch assly (was bright chrome)
Debadged rear (removed the Equionx LT)
Blacked out rear tail lights

In the works...
*Aux tranny cooler
*Trifecta Tune (working w/ Vince on that)
*Body color chevy emblems (waiting on paint)

Sounds like you need to start a build thread with all the mods you have completed and all the future mods as they are completed!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
He needs to first post pics of what it looks like now :D

Yea, a build thread would be good!

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
He needs to first post pics of what it looks like now :D

Yea, a build thread would be good!

Right now it has a few hundred miles of road dirt, brackish water over the rear rims, a former lovebug city on the front, dust colored tires and I'm sure water spots now because I left it outside when I got home and unpacked because it was too dirty to get into the garage, and it rained..

Oh the interior has sunscreen on the seats and sand/gulf of mexico water in the all weather floor mats

All in all it looks as it should honestly :)

Last edited:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Right now it has a few hundred miles of road dirt, brackish water over the rear rims, a former lovebug city on the front, dust colored tires and I'm sure water spots now because I left it outside when I got home and unpacked because it was too dirty to get into the garage, and it rained..

Oh the interior has sunscreen on the seats and sand/gulf of mexico water in the all weather floor mats

All in all it looks as it should honestly :)

Wow it sounds like you use it to its potential... that is awesome. Makes me think we need a thread for dirty pictures of our nox's. ...

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Wow it sounds like you use it to its potential... that is awesome. Makes me think we need a thread for dirty pictures of our nox's. ...

Well I use mainly on the weekends as my toy to pull my other toy...last weekend was my moms bday, we rented a condo in venice for her (about 4 hours from my place and had a family get together), took the seadoo and most of the time I had the nephews and the boat launch parking lot was not paved

Last edited:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Well I use mainly on the weekends as my toy to pull my other toy...last weekend was my moms bday, we rented a condo in venice for her (about 4 hours from my place and had a family get together), took the seadoo and most of the time I had the nephews and the boat launch parking lot was not paved

Is yours AWD?

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Is yours AWD?

No....I couldnt justify having to order an equinox as I could not find one in FL, and when it comes down to it, I just personally do not feel the AWD system in our cars could transfer enough power to the rear to really make a difference, I've seen other AWD setups tested, if the fronts are slipping the car isnt going anywhere (which will be the same for me :))

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
No....I couldnt justify having to order an equinox as I could not find one in FL, and when it comes down to it, I just personally do not feel the AWD system in our cars could transfer enough power to the rear to really make a difference, I've seen other AWD setups tested, if the fronts are slipping the car isnt going anywhere (which will be the same for me :))

Yeah I was in the same boat being in a similar climate just North of you... Its not worth the added wear on the tires and less fuel mileage, ect... At least thats what I would think you would find if you had it..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts