2009 Equinox 3.4 HELP!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkait1982

Reaction score
Ok so I have an 09 Equinox, never had an issue with it then all of a sudden it went into REDUCED ENGINE POWER Mode and shuts down. Then when you go to restart it, it says STARTING DISABLED, SERVICE THROTTLE. The check engine light comes on and give the code p0601 internal control module memory checksum error. After sitting for a few minutes it starts right up and runs fine again. I have taken to the dealership and had the computer re-programmed. thought it was fixed then did it again, was told could be the throttle pedal assembly. Put a new one in and still did it. Somewhere I read online that could be the throttle body or throttle positioning sensor. It seems like it only does it when it gets nice and hot after driving for a long period of time. I see TONS of people asking about this same issue but no actual results! Please someone give me some info on this.

Members online