Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox General Forum

05-09 Equinox General Forum

Ignition issues

This is a discussion on Ignition issues within the 05-09 Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I have a 2006 equinox that I'm having starting issues with. When I put the key in and go to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2019, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

bb86 is on a distinguished road
Default Ignition issues

I have a 2006 equinox that I'm having starting issues with. When I put the key in and go to start it, I'll hear one click from the starter and thats it, it wont continue cranking to turn over. For a while I was able to just keep turning the key from off to on and eventually it would turn over. It finally got to the point of not starting at all, just the one click. I did a bunch of searching online and everything pointed to the ignition switch. So I bought a new one and put it in today. After I got everything hooked up I put the key in and it fired right up. I drove around all day running errands and it started every time until I got to the end of my night. I hoped in and again one click. After 10 minutes of playing with it turning the key back and forth it finally started up.

What could be causing this issue? Could it be the lock cylinder itself?
bb86 is offline   Reply With Quote