07 equinox cranking but wont start. New starter and battery not even 2 months old.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95-007

Reaction score
This sounds similar to another members issue. In his case, he found a seemingly unrelated blown fuse that fixed the problem. I took a look in the service manual and found a number of fuses that are directly related to powering the Body Control Module, or are for systems that must positively report to the BCM to allow the engine to start. Check the following 10A fuses;
-Int Lts / Onstar (which obviously needs to communicate with all modules)
-BCM Cluster
-BCM / ISRVM
-BCM / (IGN)
-BCM / HVAC

That last fuse may be a bit confusing but I think engineers being engineers, the fact that the HVAC has secondary control of the electric cooling fans behind the radiator may have something to do with the decision to make that positive voltage report a necessity.

Last edited:

youngjordan

Reaction score
This sounds similar to another members issue. In his case, he found a seemingly unrelated blown fuse that fixed the problem. I took a look in the service manual and found a number of fuses that are directly related to powering the Body Control Module, or are for systems that must positively report to the BCM to allow the engine to start. Check the following 10A fuses;
-Int Lts / Onstar (which obviously needs to communicate with all modules)
-BCM Cluster
-BCM / ISRVM
-BCM / (IGN)
-BCM / HVAC

That last fuse may be a bit confusing but I think engineers being engineers, the fact that the HVAC has secondary control of the electric cooling fans behind the radiator may have something to do with the decision to make that positive voltage report a necessity.
Thanks I'll definitely check that out

Members online

No members online now.