Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox General Forum

05-09 Equinox General Forum

08 equinox engine fires but won't stay running

This is a discussion on 08 equinox engine fires but won't stay running within the 05-09 Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I have an 08 Equinox. I switched the key on while working on it in the garage (working on frontend) ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2017, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

rlanders is on a distinguished road
Default 08 equinox engine fires but won't stay running

I have an 08 Equinox. I switched the key on while working on it in the garage (working on frontend) and I forgot to turn the key off and ran the battery all the way down. Battery would no longer hold a charge so I replaced it. Now the engine will crank and start but will only run for 2 or 3 seconds then dies. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.!!
rlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

rlanders is on a distinguished road

Turns out it was just a key issue the computer didn't recognize it. Used a different one and it works. Now we are having a different issue that I will post in a different thread.
rlanders is offline   Reply With Quote