02-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Join Date: Feb 2017
Rep Power: 0
New 17 Nox 4cyl LT. Adding an after market sub
I've been reading a lot here in regards to adding a subwoofer to my new leased 2017 Equinox 4cyl LT with MyLink and ANC. And there appears to be multiple ways and was wondering what's best.
Here's what I have:
12" Image Dynamix Sub in a box that fits in the back.
750 rms Rockford Fostgate amp
Wiring hookup kit with 4 gauge power wire.
Low level line converter.
So here are my questions:
1) What is the best way to get a signal to my sub amp? Use the stock amp? Use door speaker amp signal? Does the back of the mylink have a sub out that I could/should use?
1) Where is the stock amp? Under the steering wheel and above the driver knees?
2) Can I use a low level line converter, or should I get the Panasonic UZ8 Amp.
3) Can I use any Panasonic UZB 8 Amp? I see some have different model numbers.
4) Will I need to pull the fuse for the ANC amp or since I'm going through the radio, will ANC work at the same time as having my after market sub?