Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications > Audio & Electronics

Audio & Electronics

Lil Will CB antenna in back of OnStar antenna

This is a discussion on Lil Will CB antenna in back of OnStar antenna within the Audio & Electronics forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications category!
Is it possible to locate the magnetic CB antenna in back of the OnStar antenna and not have interference with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

parlyle is on a distinguished road
Default Lil Will CB antenna in back of OnStar antenna

Is it possible to locate the magnetic CB antenna in back of the OnStar antenna and not have interference with the OnStar and XM radio reception?
I have a Cobra Classic 29 CB and was also wondering if anybody uses a similar radio. It looks like there isn't a lot of space to mount it by the drivers side.
Don't use it all the time, but would like to take it on longer trips to the coasts. I live in Western Wisconsin.
Thanks for the responses.
Lyle
parlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by parlyle View Post
Is it possible to locate the magnetic CB antenna in back of the OnStar antenna and not have interference with the OnStar and XM radio reception?
I have a Cobra Classic 29 CB and was also wondering if anybody uses a similar radio. It looks like there isn't a lot of space to mount it by the drivers side.
Don't use it all the time, but would like to take it on longer trips to the coasts. I live in Western Wisconsin.
Thanks for the responses.
Lyle
That's a good question. I don't know if it would interfere but I would thing that you would be better off using a separate Antenna.

Also I have thought about sliding the CB upright on the passenger side center console face up. There is a little storage area for magazines and such towards the floor. Looks like a ideal place got that if it had the mount on the front of the radio it should bring it to console level right of the shifter. If that makes sense.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Mod

Z_Ghost is on a distinguished road

I would think that it would not bother it, but you never know. Not many people using CB's other then truckers anymore.
92 Z/28
60\'1.937-1/4 13.851-98.16 mph

Z_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

parlyle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Z_Ghost View Post
I would think that it would not bother it, but you never know. Not many people using CB's other then truckers anymore.
I know that the CB craze is over. but I have been to both coasts in the last couple of years and it's kind of interesting just listening to the truckers. It takes about a day or two to figure out what they are saying, but when you do it makes the trips more enjoyable. Another thing I really believe that we owe a debt of gratitude to all of those drivers who make a living on the road. I feel we are much safer with them on the road than with some of us civilians.
Anytime anybody needs help on the highway system, you can always count on a trucker to be there to help when needed. That's why I like to have a CB radio when I travel. Only now it looks like there won't be much room to put one in the new Nox.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Thanks for listening............

Lyle
parlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Mod

Z_Ghost is on a distinguished road

I have had a few CB radios and even drove a big rig a time or two so yeah it's nice to have one.
92 Z/28
60\'1.937-1/4 13.851-98.16 mph

Z_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by parlyle View Post
I know that the CB craze is over. but I have been to both coasts in the last couple of years and it's kind of interesting just listening to the truckers. It takes about a day or two to figure out what they are saying, but when you do it makes the trips more enjoyable. Another thing I really believe that we owe a debt of gratitude to all of those drivers who make a living on the road. I feel we are much safer with them on the road than with some of us civilians.
Anytime anybody needs help on the highway system, you can always count on a trucker to be there to help when needed. That's why I like to have a CB radio when I travel. Only now it looks like there won't be much room to put one in the new Nox.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Thanks for listening............

Lyle
I am with you on this Lyle...

I was driving a lot from here in Raleigh nc to Massena, NY about one the border of Canada. I was driving my 99 Z71 on those trips. My CB radio powered by a 11ft whip Antenna kept me awake on those long trips talking to truckers.

dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote