WTH happen to my "Chrome rim"??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daily Driven 09

Reaction score
WTH happen to my not so "Chrome rim"??

I'm new to the forum, I signed up to get some help and possible see if anyone else has experienced this issue.

So My Wife Calls me and tells me her "hub cap" fell off her wheel whiile driving.... My first reply was you don't have hub caps so she goes back and picks it up and sure enough it's a chrome cover. So today I go by the GM dealer and they tell me by looking at the vin number that this vehicle should of had chrome wheels (No cap or cover showing on the wheel). I take the cover in with the part number and they tell me it doesn't even show up in there system.

We bought the nox 1 year ago exactly with 20k on the clock I looked at the other wheels and could tell it has something over it but could not separate it from the rim with my hand and the lug nuts are not the usual GM type that would hold a center cap or hubcap on... has anyone ever experienced this issue? They told me a replacement wheel will be $400 :shocked:

DSCN0438.jpg
DSCN0439.jpg
DSCN0442.jpg

BTW: It's a 2009 AWD with the 17'' wheels Thanks for the help.

bowtieman

Reaction score
What the heck man , i have never seen that before!! Maybe the chrome rims are bonded to the steel part together and somehow the glue or the pressed wheel came undone.

Or someone came in the night and swapped you some crazy alien aftermarket wheels.

Sometime i see those on ebay go for around $200 or less, might get lucky. Sorry that happen man

Daily Driven 09

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know what happened to it, I checked on ebay for a stock wheel but I don't see anything in decent shape so I might just look into some aftermarket wheels.

If It wasn't for the fact it could possibly fall off again and was cracked from hitting the ground I would try and put it back on.

oemwheelexpert

Reaction score
I was doing some market research on what kind of wheels people like and stumbled across these comments. I figured since I used to work for one of the companies that made them I’d offer some facts that may be helpful.

In all the years working there I can say we never had that happen to one of our wheels, and although I have never seen it I did hear it happened from time-to-time to our competitor. So I guess I have to say thanks for finally proving to me that there was a definite quality difference between what we did and "the other guys".

Just so there is no question, the only time a chrome-clad wheel was used in steel was on pickups. All cars have aluminum chrome-clad wheels.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts