What GM needs to add to the Nox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
http://motoring.iafrica.com/roadtest/778739.html

Captiva (not the US-Fleet model which is a Saturn Vue carry over made in Mexico to protect the Equinox resale value) the 2012 World model are actually VERY nice looking. They come with a 2.2D, and puts out 184hp/300lbs torque. Thats just what the Nox needs imo :)

I've been debating trading in the Nox alot....and I was hoping to find a CUV with a TDI, but still not available. The best bet is the A3 Sportwagon TDI, which is a nice setup, but not a fan of putting the rear into the water (reason I went with a small SUV) vs a car. While looking I did see the Cruze is getting a US bound TDI setup, though I think we are only getting the 2.0L version (still 140hp/266ftlbs torque will be nice in the cruze). If that gets thrown into the new Cruze hatchback, or we happen to get the sportback that is my next car imo.

Hatchback Cruze http://www.caranddriver.com/news/chevrolet-cruze-news-2012-chevrolet-cruze-hatchback-unveiled
Sportwagon Cruze http://autoblog.ca/reader/news/spied-2013-chevrolet-cruze-sportwagon

Now i expect GM to "NOT" offer any of these, we will be stuck with just the sedan here in the states, sometimes I wonder who makes these choices, but atleast we could get a TDI from GM in 2013 on the cruze

Last edited:

08PILOT

Reaction score
I'd buy a newer one if they made a "Sport" model like mine :waytogo:

Chevygirl32

Reaction score
Me too! Sport model all the way!! But I don't think that they are gonna come out with one. I've asked my dealership several times! I am loving the new Ford Edge tho! But I am not planning on getting rid of my Nox anytime soon tho. I Love mine!! ;)

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Me too! Sport model all the way!! But I don't think that they are gonna come out with one. I've asked my dealership several times! I am loving the new Ford Edge tho! But I am not planning on getting rid of my Nox anytime soon tho. I Love mine!! ;)

LOL....No thanks, I test drove them and though its the only 1st Gen I would've touched, I still didnt wish to purchase a Sport model.

The new Escape looks promising in 2013, the Edge has been around for some time and is larger than the Nox (Comparing Edge to same price point I would take a 3.6L SRX). If the ECM gets unlocked in the Escape, it would easily be a nice performer with increase in boost. Its lighter, but atm even the 2.0L ecoboost is underpowered compared to some of the others on the market these days.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
I just want to rip my motor out and put a TDI in, then I would really love my Terrain.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I just want to rip my motor out and put a TDI in, then I would really love my Terrain.

In a few years we will start getting alot more imho....Just right now its far and few between.....If the Cruze gets one, and they give us the sportwagon I would go with one of those :) (I love sportwagons, I had an S4 Avant and missed it when I finally got rid of it).

But Europe Emissions are getting stricter by 2015 or so, which means the "clean diesel" will have to start meeting North American standards, and we should have more available options. I just wish the our Gov would pull its head out of rears and fix our emissions standards. Frankly our GDI's should be getting better MPG's then we currently due, our engines are designed to run lean, and that includes @ cruise. Adding a "lean" cruise to our setups would net some positive returns, a moderate increase in MPG should be expected just from that. Maybe a move away from the 3-way catalyic converters is the future with GDI's, and start using more complex diesel setups

Members online

No members online now.