Tires for Our AWD Nox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08PILOT

Reaction score
Ours came with the Goodyear Eagle RS-A's and all I can say is that
the Customer reviews on Tirerack are True (TR supporter for 18 yrs)

These things absolutely SUCK in the snow :banghead:

Dry pavement wise it launches HARD :driver:

Trying to decide what to get next?

My size is a 235/50-18

We are @ 40K

:Rant:

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Ours came with the Goodyear Eagle RS-A's and all I can say is that
the Customer reviews on Tirerack are True (TR supporter for 18 yrs)

These things absolutely SUCK in the snow :banghead:

Dry pavement wise it launches HARD :driver:

Trying to decide what to get next?

My size is a 235/50-18

We are @ 40K

:Rant:

Just about anything gives good launch in DRY pavement :)

I work for Bridgestone (technical service rep)....so I will say I do support company rubber, BUT reviews tend to go that route as well.

The first important question is does your setup require XL tires? Being its a SUV/CUV with on a common application (230/50R18's), I would imagine it would come with XL rated, and recommend XL vs S for load rating.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=235/&ratio=50&diameter=18&x=29&y=6

These are the XL rated tires in that size on tirerack. I'm guessing that is what your Nox would require as well.

08PILOT

Reaction score
OEM's are XL rated, but it never tows or hauls anything butt ass :peace:

I'm trying to decide on having an all season tire?

or getting another set of rims/tires for Winter?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I normally prefer all season tires... Especially since I travel up north sometimes. It can be nice down here but snowy up there.

08PILOT

Reaction score
The only thing bad about the "All Season" tires is there are not
a whole lot of choices out for our "Low Profile" 18" application.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
The only thing bad about the "All Season" tires is there are not
a whole lot of choices out for our "Low Profile" 18" application.

You have a few...but not as many as the 2010+ setups.

Depending on your snow levels, 235/50's imho are really too wide for true snow conditions...a few inches, but if you do alot of driving in the snow, nothing beats a skinny snow tire! I would drop down to 16-17" on junk rim and get approiate sized tire for that setup.

But if your snow lvl's are mild, then all seasons should work nicely, just do not get caught with summer tires in the snow (not fun). I have lived in the midwest (iowa)...So when I talk about snow (being I'm in FL now) I do understand it about :).

I would still get the XL rated tires (its liability issues for any shop that puts on improperly rated tires on yoru setup, they will become liable if something happens, the Nox isnt that much heavier than a car, but still)...

I have the B/S Dueler H/L Alenza on my Nox. They are quiet, and have good road manners. Of the factory options available, mine came w/ Hankooks (not a good tire imo), I did a company rubber changeover program we have. But anyways.....They provide excellent wet traction which is what I need in FL, especially using unimproved boat launches where half my rear tire is already in the water, and the fronts are on moss/water.

Review has them ranked #2 out all the All Season CUV/SUV Tires

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve...dth=235/&ratio=50&diameter=18&tireSearch=true

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Well I do not have to worrier about snow other then maybe 1 or 2 nights or when I am in Yellowstone.
So the stock tires work well for me.
Good luck with your search.

Members online