Tire pressure sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmarzo

Reaction score
Hi All

The tire pressure system monitor doesn't show any pressure for 2 of the tires on my 2008 Equinox and shows dashes instead.Do the sensors need to be replaced?It's my understanding that these sensors use a small radio transmitter to send pressure information to the system.Do they use batteries that need to be replaced periodically?

Svard75

Reaction score
TPMS sensor batteries should last about 10 years. Did you rotate your wheels recently? It definitely is possible that the TPMS sensors are defective, however try the relearn procedure prior to assuming replacement is necessary.

jmarzo

Reaction score
TPMS sensor batteries should last about 10 years. Did you rotate your wheels recently? It definitely is possible that the TPMS sensors are defective, however try the relearn procedure prior to assuming replacement is necessary.
I bought the car only a week ago from a used car dealer.It has Firestone tires in the rear and Michelin in the front.I'll try the relearn procedure as you suggested and take it from there.Thanks for the reply.

jmarzo.

Members online