Switch Prob. Maybe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy Owner

Reaction score
I just bought a 05 chevy equinox the previous owner installed an after market stereo that wont turn on once the car turns on but instead powers on once the car has been turned off can this be a bad switch?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I just bought a 05 chevy equinox the previous owner installed an after market stereo that wont turn on once the car turns on but instead powers on once the car has been turned off can this be a bad switch?

To me, it sounds like they wired it up wrong!

With these aftermarket radios they sell a color matching vehicle specific harness that will join the factory radio harness from the vehicle to the harness that goes into the actual CD player. I would just take it all out to see what you have going on!

Take pictures and maybe I can help, I've done too many after market radios!

Chevy Owner

Reaction score
It doesn't always do that at times it will start up just fine once the car starts but most times not then yes I took it back to car toys and they said there is no way it can be a wiring prob.

dentonnox

Reaction score
Had a similar issue in my trailblazer it ended up being the power wire had fluctuations in it at start up. Try a different power source

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.