Schovil69

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schovil69

Reaction score
I'm Nick from Nebraska and I'm the fleet mechanic for my family. One of my nephews just got himself a 2005 Equinox and he's the least mechanically inclined of the bunch. Will be reading existing threads to familiarize myself with these vehicles and contributing as I can. Looking forward to seeing what the Equinox scene is doing with these machines across the country.

Pontyack Torrrent

Reaction score
I'm Nick from Nebraska and I'm the fleet mechanic for my family. One of my nephews just got himself a 2005 Equinox and he's the least mechanically inclined of the bunch. Will be reading existing threads to familiarize myself with these vehicles and contributing as I can. Looking forward to seeing what the Equinox scene is doing with these machines across the country.
Hey Nick..
Glad to see anyone here compared to any other forums I have sought out. Just bought a high miler Gen 1 Pontiac Torrent (same as the Enox. You have any electrical experience on anything with a battery draw down? I found a rear wiper motor draw on this 07 and pulled fuse. Done! Another popped up last night and a brand new battery left it dead this morning. I see the intermittent draw on my battery charger guage. Has to be drawing a good amount to show up on charger guage I believe. Hope you might have some answers as I can't even find DEAD BATTERY in a search here! 🙄

schovil69

Reaction score
Hey Nick..
Glad to see anyone here compared to any other forums I have sought out. Just bought a high miler Gen 1 Pontiac Torrent (same as the Enox. You have any electrical experience on anything with a battery draw down? I found a rear wiper motor draw on this 07 and pulled fuse. Done! Another popped up last night and a brand new battery left it dead this morning. I see the intermittent draw on my battery charger guage. Has to be drawing a good amount to show up on charger guage I believe. Hope you might have some answers as I can't even find DEAD BATTERY in a search here! 🙄
I haven't had to chase down any electrical issues with the Equinox. In general, though, an errant current draw is due to an insulation breakdown somewhere in the system. Take the rear wiper motor issue you have. The motor itself is most likely the culprit there, although I have no test to offer that would confirm the theory. I would suggest pulling one fuse at a time to see if you can narrow down your search to one circuit. With the fuse removed and the current draw eliminated you have found your circuit with the trouble. What happens next depends on what is in the circuit but you will trace the circuit in search of the component causing the draw. If possible, remove components from the circuit by unplugging them to find the cause of your current draw.

I'm not familiar with the electrical systems on these machines and am interested to see how your problem goes. I see you have a thread titled, "New guy with a 2007 Poncho Torrent and a parasitic battery draw." I will be following it.

Pontyack Torrrent

Reaction score
I haven't had to chase down any electrical issues with the Equinox. In general, though, an errant current draw is due to an insulation breakdown somewhere in the system. Take the rear wiper motor issue you have. The motor itself is most likely the culprit there, although I have no test to offer that would confirm the theory. I would suggest pulling one fuse at a time to see if you can narrow down your search to one circuit. With the fuse removed and the current draw eliminated you have found your circuit with the trouble. What happens next depends on what is in the circuit but you will trace the circuit in search of the component causing the draw. If possible, remove components from the circuit by unplugging them to find the cause of your current draw.

I'm not familiar with the electrical systems on these machines and am interested to see how your problem goes. I see you have a thread titled, "New guy with a 2007 Poncho Torrent and a parasitic battery draw." I will be following it.
As bad as this will sound, the draw magically disappeared. I suspect, as you said a breakdown of integrity in the harnesses near the coolant bottle. If moisture were to get into a + to - in a "hot" circuit, could it kill the battery overnight? My charger's guage showed erratic draws (if the needle on the guage could be an indicator of said draw) and wasn't a uniform "on again off again" like the rear wiper motor was. The battery showed no draw late last night and registered 12.7 volts this morning. Fired right up. Hmmmm... this one has 192k on the clock so I accepted some problems might occur. 🙄

schovil69

Reaction score
Sounds like the elusive electrical gremlin, an intermittent short circuit. Hardest to find because you need to be right there when it happens but you never know when it will happen.

Members online