Remote start question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaseyB

Reaction score
My question is… my wife has a ‘19 Equinox LT. If I want to get in her car with it locked, do I have to go thru OnStar to unlock it??? The App says I do. Or can I just unlock the doors with the Chevrolet app? My friend has Ford and can access any function on any car thru the Ford app.
I’m trying to learn all this new hi tech stuff.
Thanks.

spaycace

Reaction score
You can use the My Chevrolet App ... but I do believe some functions require and active OnStar subscription unfortunately. For verification, I'd advise you to check out the My Chevrolet webpage, and/or the OnStar webpage to ensure you're getting the information you seek, directly for yourself. I maintain an active OnStar subscription, so it's not an issue for me, but I do believe there was a time that I did not have an active subscription, and I wasn't able to access the door lock/unlock functions, yet that was a few years ago, so I'm not 100% certain of that anymore.

jarhead90

Reaction score
I think your best solution is to contact OnStar with your question(s). I think the remote app was active for five years if the vehicle was new.

Members online