Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slp

Reaction score
Anyone else have a periodic rattle behind the dash?

MrDabee

Reaction score
Yes. It is driving me nuts!!

3 months ago I forked over an oversized wad of cash for a brand-new 2024 Equinox. At about 2,000 miles, the rattling appeared. It was intermittent at first but now, at around 4,500 miles, it is pretty much constant with virtually any road imperfection. The rattle sounds like two pieces of plastic vibrating against one another. It seems to be coming out of the center vent of the dash...probably something loose in the A/C ducts somewhere.

The car isn't even due for the first oil change yet. #fail

ricklack

Reaction score
I read elsewhere that someone found that the plastic trim on the top left side of the dash was not fully clicked into place on his. Perhaps that is worth checking?

This is the plastic surrounding the heads up display of 6 red LEDs for the Forward Collision Alert. He simply pushed down all around it and felt the one corner snap in place.

Luckily my 22 RS is over 93,000km and still no rattles.

MrDabee

Reaction score
I found what was rattling in my 2024 Equinox. It turned out to be the cheap plastic trim where the rear-view mirror attaches to the windshield. It's made of two pieces of hard plastic, and seems to be hollow, that rattle against one another.

Will definitely make the dealer fix it at first oil change!

Members online