Radio Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoolDad

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a firmware update to the radio system that updates it so you can connect Android Auto and the IPhone version via Bluetooth?

ricklack

Reaction score
It depends on the year and Infotainment version you have.

Generally, if it did not come equipped with it, you can't upgrade without replacing the unit.

ricklack

Reaction score
It's a 2020 Premier AWD
I'm not an expert on this, but I know a lot of guys in the past had complained that bluetooth connect was an issue. I know my 2013 LT with premium audio did not have it.

My 2022 does have it (I have the Bose system) but I am unsure what year they started providing it. My 2022 does updates via WIFI, if your 2020 also does updates via WIFI you should just be able to download the latest update and cross your fingers bluetooth function was added to your year.

CoolDad

Reaction score
I checked with the local dealer and there is no update nor planned update to make the android auto work via Bluetooth. So I'm stuck with this wire which TOTALLY negates the wireless charging.

skeeter35

Reaction score
I checked with the local dealer and there is no update nor planned update to make the android auto work via Bluetooth. So I'm stuck with this wire which TOTALLY negates the wireless charging.
I bought the aawireless device on Amazon and I love it. It uses wifi not Bluetooth but works perfectly. I have 2020 lt

CoolDad

Reaction score
I bought the aawireless device on Amazon and I love it. It uses wifi not Bluetooth but works perfectly. I have 2020 lt
I will have to check that out. Thanks. It allows the android auto mapping to work?

Charvel1975

Reaction score
Is there any updates for the base radio(Non Bose) for the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD?

Members online

No members online now.