Nox is in the shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevygirl32

Reaction score
My Nox is in the shop yet again. This time for a piece that broke in my transmission. Which I'm just disgusted about. My Nox has only 58,500 miles is an 2008 that i purchased in 2009. It all started when my hubby went from Automatic to Manual then back to automatic. Then my Nox started shifting gears funny, it started running right and then by Tuesday my check engine light came on, it got up to 4000 RPM before shifting and then started running ok by the time I brought it to the dealership they had to tow it from where the drop off point is at their new location to the shop at the old location. The Manual completely stopped working and you could move the shift in the automatic position but all it would do is rev not move. Thankfully, i was still covered under my powertrain warranty and the dealership put me in a 2013 rental Nox. I owe less than 2 years on my truck and about 9k. My Nox has to last me another 2-3 years at least but I am getting really worried that it won't. Just venting about my truck. Lol.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Being that it is covered under warranty, I don't think it will be a problem to last you another few years.

Once it is fixed it should be good to go..

08PILOT

Reaction score
I drive mine as much in M as I do in D. (When I'm behind the wheel)

Sorry to hear that, but at least as you said, covered under 5/100.

I'm hoping that if Her's ever breaks it's before that runs out also.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
These rides are actually pretty good mechanical wise and yet better than a lot of other vehicles out there.

We have friends with a Kia crossover and it is always in the shop. We have other friends that have one with 200k miles on it but it is getting a new engine right now.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD

08PILOT

Reaction score
We bought our 08 Awd Nox to retire our 99 4wd Trailblazer.
(Now my DD, currently broke down) and it was bought new
in 99. We have $4K in repairs over 14 yrs. with 232,000 mi.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Man I thought that the tranny was going out in our 2006 Saturn Vue. Switched out the fluid with some Amsoil and it runs good as new now! There was a lot of wear metal on the plug and the fluid was so dark.

masijc

Reaction score
We bought our 08 Awd Nox to retire our 99 4wd Trailblazer.
(Now my DD, currently broke down) and it was bought new
in 99. We have $4K in repairs over 14 yrs. with 232,000 mi.

WOW!! Doesn't seem like the Trailblazer owes you any $$.

08PILOT

Reaction score
Yeah, she's called "Betsy" and I drive her daily. (Wife did first 11 years)

If I get 1/2 that out of her Nox Sport I'll be very pleased cause in 2017
I plan to buy her something Brand New and take the Sport as my daily.

Chevygirl32

Reaction score
And the problem was........

The reverse clutch broke thankfully it was fully covered under the powertrain warranty. Also while it was in the shop I had my rotors resurfaced and turned and my rear brakes changed.

oleg1981

Reaction score
And the problem was........

The reverse clutch broke thankfully it was fully covered under the powertrain warranty. Also while it was in the shop I had my rotors resurfaced and turned and my rear brakes changed.

**** happens. iv just passed 180000miles mark on my 2006 nox. :)

Members online