lower grill winter cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoky

Reaction score
Hi 2022 equinox rs I have a cover that clips on to the lower grill.What purpose does it serve. Is it to protect the shutter system.

comp

Reaction score
i bet it does,,snow packing in there would mess it up,,,,and price those parts, ouch

ricklack

Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is to help protect the turbo intercooler. If they freeze up you get the dreaded PCV/ rear main oil seal failure. I didn't get one with mine and it was not available from the dealer. It is for use below 0C (32F). I think those who got block heaters got the cover as well.

I got a part number for the US part and intended to get one down there but forgot last trip.

Canadian part # 85551503. If my memory is correct, the US part # is 85551504. Unsure why there would be different part #s, perhaps my dealer screwed that up?

Someone from another forum sent me this:
1672684928848.jpeg

eddy

Reaction score
I just located my 2023 Nox bra and you will need to warm this thing up or have arms of superman to install it. After three grueling attempts (thought I'd bust the grille) I put the cover on the furnace floor grate for couple of hours and with some serious pulling I got it on. I did notice the cooler does have a shutter system so I don't know if this cover is needed. What I'm ticked about is the instructions say only on under freezing point, then it must be taken off. This is way too much work to take it off and back on. JMO - Eddy

Members online

No members online now.