In the Market...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Equiraq

Reaction score
I'm currently in the market for a new crossover, something to replace my Ram, that gets great mpg. I have been looking at the Nox on the web and I think it is what I want. Sometime this weekend, I will head down to my nearest dealership and inquire about this vehicle. I'm madly curious how the 4 cyl is holding up on the Nox? And how much are others paying for this sweet ride? I'm looking at the AWD LTZ model. Thanks for any and all responses!

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
I have read that a lot of people with the I4 and AWD are not happy with the mpg they are getting.
I have close to 10,000 on my I4 FWD and other then getting a rattle on start up every so often it is doing well.
Getting between 25 to 26 driving to work, that's about the same I got in my cobalt SS.
I did a 50 mile all HWY drive a few weeks ago and got 30.7 cruising at 70.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
I just returned from a 600 mile trip yesterday .
4 with AWD .
Cruise set at 75,tires at 38 . 24 mph there 22.3 back .
On the way back weather was rain & wind or perhaps it was the gas .
Either way terrible mileage .

08PILOT

Reaction score
My OBS V6 AWD Sport gets 22-24 HWY, I would think that
what Ghost said about a 4CYL FWD is way to go for MPG.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
IMO, I don't see how the I4 with AWD can be 100% affective with less power than the V6. I preferred not to get the AWD with the V6 being that when I lived in the North I drove front wheel drive in 18"s of snow +/- without problems.

AWD models are harder to come by in the south but you can understand why.

On average the v6 gets 23-25 city and on highway if I baby I can get up to 29mpg at 65-70mph average.

They are great cars! The probably have the highest resale value that I have ever seen with one of the big 3. It is at 56% after 4-5 years.

wrusprod

Reaction score
I have the I-4 with AWD.. MPG is 0n average 20 MPG..

I have several issues with the I-4. Im not sure if they took care of the issues on the 2012 models. I would NOT recommend the I-4.

Go with the V6.

Other than that...Its a great car..It handled great in the snow last year! cant wait for the snow storms to go driving in again!!

rbiggers

Reaction score
I, like Dietz above, have the V6. Other than one battery problem, we love the vehicle. We enjoy having the V6, but you might want to look at the I4 FWD if you are very concerned about MPG. The Equinox is a very good vehicle and I don't think you will be disappointed.

johns4949

Reaction score
I have the V6 gets 25-28 mog highway doing 70. Had fuel snesor and fuel pump replaced in the first 6 months. Navigation system is a joke, been in shop several times to fix it's problems. Battery died after 2 years which is what every vehicle I have owned does. It is a fantastic vehicle with some minor problems than I hope will be fixed. Be sure to get the best GM extended warranty available. YOU WILL NEED IT.

wrusprod

Reaction score
I, like Dietz above, have the V6. Other than one battery problem, we love the vehicle. We enjoy having the V6, but you might want to look at the I4 FWD if you are very concerned about MPG. The Equinox is a very good vehicle and I don't think you will be disappointed.

forget the I-4 regarding MPG...maybe 2-3 MPG difference with the v-6...if even that!

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I'm currently in the market for a new crossover, something to replace my Ram, that gets great mpg. I have been looking at the Nox on the web and I think it is what I want. Sometime this weekend, I will head down to my nearest dealership and inquire about this vehicle. I'm madly curious how the 4 cyl is holding up on the Nox? And how much are others paying for this sweet ride? I'm looking at the AWD LTZ model. Thanks for any and all responses!

82511.png

62k on the I4 Nox. This is a 1LT FWD setup. I have a personal V6 Nox. Not changing my driving style...The best I have achieved on the hwy with the V6 was 25's...If you notice that is the WORST the I4 does. The miles are 80-85% interstate driving and it really comes down to what speed you cruise at. If you drive 65-70mph on the highway, your going to get great mpg (27+) If you drive 75+ its going to be in the mid-low 20's. The I4 is a great setup around town...but I enjoy my V6 much better.

wrusprod

Reaction score
You can achieve 32 mpg's in the I-4 nox just not the AWD.

You also have to change your driving style.

He is looking at an AWD...so he wont be getting 32MPG..and I havent heard anyone with I-4 Getting 32MPG..

I had the I-4 2.4L in my last vehicle '06 HHR, and i was getting aprox 26-28 MPG...

and with the same driving habits..smartass..:flipthebird:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
he is looking at an awd...so he wont be getting 32mpg..and i havent heard anyone with i-4 getting 32mpg..

I had the i-4 2.4l in my last vehicle '06 hhr, and i was getting aprox 26-28 mpg...

And with the same driving habits..smartass..:flipthebird:

yesterday ,i made a trip of just over 200 miles .2011 ,4 cylinder ,awd , .tires set @38, cruise set @ 58 - 31.5. Surprised me .

winning

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
If you wanted to completely exhaust yourself you could have done the trip without cruise and when you go down the hill, allow the car to accelerate and feather out the pedal going up hills so that the rpms don't raise...

If you drove like this I bet you would see 35mpgs or more.

I Love that show top gear (British Ver.) They were running a Diesel Audi that was rated at either 32 or 35 highway. They were testing it on some road that was 400 miles between destinations. It was one of those roads that you can get ticketed for driving a vehicle that could break down on this road...

The gig was he had to drive to the destination and drive back one 1 tank of gas... 400 miles there he was just a sliver above half.

See, even Audi told them that it could not be done. Evidentally to make it happen that would have to achieve around 40-42 mpgs.. He drove like that and even though he did get any higher than 38-40 mpgs he did make it 800 miles on a tank gas station to gas station.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
The bad thing is when they do the mileage ratings ,it is all done under controlled conditions .Another thing is when testing they use real gas with no ethanol .
And the consumer gets the short end of the stick ,because nobody drives in the same manner as they test them .

Members online

No members online now.