Hello from FL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SalsaNox

Reaction score
Hello, New member here from Florida.
We've owned the 2005 Equinox LT, new since late October 2004 right off the lot; The car has been great to us & been there to deliver my 2 baby girls home from the hospital.
I learned with this one, not to buy a car on it's first year out, because they haven't worked out all the kinks.
Small cosmetic things....
Like, the radio buttons paint peeled off. The a/c vents don't fully close, The sun visor is so short & when you swing it to the driver side door, it doesn't cover from the sun.
I do Love the RDS,
I love that the rear bench slides back & forth,
I love the cup holders & storage,
I love that the passenger seat folds all the way forward/down,
I love the concept of the 2 tier cargo;
But I would have preferred more cargo/trunk space... (My parents Highlander has more rear cargo room)
- Sorry for the Rant, but this is the place for it. :emotions122:

All in all, this truck has been Great to all this years; We've traveled ALOT with it (146,000+ Miles already)

Since we've owned it, we have had to replace the a/c compressor (covered by warranty) the water pump, tensioner pulley, belts, alternator & battery (twice), front struts, & maintenance brakes, etc...

Have a great day!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

I didn't know that the old body style Nox's back seat slid back and forth like the new ones do... It is very cool!

I have yet to see any vehicle with that many miles and 8+ years old without warn radio nobs. I have a volvo radio on Ebay and it is warn too. At least you have plenty of time to learn the functions before they disappear as labeled. :p

To be fair to the Equinox, the Highlander is a bigger vehicle all together. Closer to the size of a Trailblazer. The Honda CRV is in the same class as the Equinox.

It's awesome that it has carried your family around! We love ours and it brought our son home!

SalsaNox

Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

I didn't know that the old body style Nox's back seat slid back and forth like the new ones do... It is very cool!

I have yet to see any vehicle with that many miles and 8+ years old without warn radio nobs. I have a volvo radio on Ebay and it is warn too. At least you have plenty of time to learn the functions before they disappear as labeled. :p

To be fair to the Equinox, the Highlander is a bigger vehicle all together. Closer to the size of a Trailblazer. The Honda CRV is in the same class as the Equinox.

It's awesome that it has carried your family around! We love ours and it brought our son home!

Thanks for the greeting.
:cheers:
Yeah, car's been great... It's primarily my wife's ride.
My dd is an import & part of a different forum. :D

The Nox starting to show the wear & tear (as expected)...
The new Equinox's still have the rear sliding bench?

Yeah, actually the radio knobs peeled after about few years- (not a abig deal) - recent trouble is the CD is not ejecting the CD, So we're stuck listening to my wife's Harry Connick Jr. CD... :pp:
(could be worse, I guess) ; I'm considering replacing to an aftermarket radio.
I did not realize the Highlander was in a different class. My folks have a 2003 Highlander & it looks like same size.

Anyway, I also want to replace the bulbs with an HID Kit... But with the daylight driving lights, not sure what kit I'll need.. (i'll be researching)

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Well in comparison to the newer Equinox, it's wider and a little longer. Highlander does feature 7 passengers to prove this to be tree. With the back seat all the way forward in the equinox is equivalent to the leg room in the back seat of the highlander.

I can't find any hand in hand comparison between the new and old equinox but I feel that the newer Equinox is slightly bigger than the old.

SalsaNox

Reaction score
Yeah, I would agree... The new Equinox body style does look bigger than the pior.

Members online