Critics hated it at first but are now impressed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the new standard in compact cars. Nothing will touch this thing for years:

LINK-AutoBlog

2011 Chevrolet Cruze, a sedan that, for all intents and purposes, is more of a landmark model for the company than the endlessly-hyped Chevrolet Volt.

There are expletives to describe how nice the Cruze interior is compared to the long parade of Dollar General cabins we've seen in the past,

The dash trimmings, seats and steering wheel are all coated in hide that was once roaming a hillside.

Our tester, complete with four-wheel disc brakes and LTZ trim, came with a very manageable $22,695 price tag.

LINK-TTAC

The amazing part, is that this compact, quality car gets the same mileage as even the newest tin can sub-compacts.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Welcome to the new standard in compact cars. Nothing will touch this thing for years:

LINK-AutoBlog

LINK-TTAC

The amazing part, is that this compact, quality car gets the same mileage as even the newest tin can sub-compacts.

I never read a bad review of the Cruze actually though....I just wish they would've kept an "SS" line w/ the 260hp 2.0 Turbo as a performance model. I had a SS Cobalt with that engine, great drivetrain, crappy interior.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I never read a bad review of the Cruze actually though....I just wish they would've kept an "SS" line w/ the 260hp 2.0 Turbo as a performance model. I had a SS Cobalt with that engine, great drivetrain, crappy interior.

Is this car in between the Malibu and Cobalt or is it a replacement for the cobalt?

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Are you going to get one? You know you want one!

No....way too underpowered for my likes.....put in a LNF and I might think about it down the road. I'm happy with the Nox, but look forward to seeing the new Regal GS and Aveo RS (same engine that goes in the Cruze)

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I want to say that it was the 2010 Buick LaCrosse.... its a good looking care regardless. I always thought the cars were for grandparents only. I would drive the 2010.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I want to say that it was the 2010 Buick LaCrosse.... its a good looking care regardless. I always thought the cars were for grandparents only. I would drive the 2010.

I agree on the buicks, alot of the newer redesigned buicks are very nice cars, and GM has really out performed most of the luxury car markers when it comes to the latest redesigned buicks. Reason I look forward to seeing the new Regal GS, the regal is coming out this year (well its a 2011 model) and its great looking!

Regal gets the 2.4 SIDI LAF (same that launched w/ the theta's), but sadly the turbo will be a detuned 2.0 SIDI Turbo (not the same as the LNF :() that comes out mid-year. Numbers are 220hp/258trq and will be the one to get imo. The concept GS model http://www.buick.com/future-vehicles/ will have 255hp! If it comes out as pictured, and priced in line, that will be a killer car for the entry level luxury compact group (BMW 3series, Lexus IS 250, etc etc).

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I agree on the buicks, alot of the newer redesigned buicks are very nice cars, and GM has really out performed most of the luxury car markers when it comes to the latest redesigned buicks. Reason I look forward to seeing the new Regal GS, the regal is coming out this year (well its a 2011 model) and its great looking!

Regal gets the 2.4 SIDI LAF (same that launched w/ the theta's), but sadly the turbo will be a detuned 2.0 SIDI Turbo (not the same as the LNF :() that comes out mid-year. Numbers are 220hp/258trq and will be the one to get imo. The concept GS model http://www.buick.com/future-vehicles/ will have 255hp! If it comes out as pictured, and priced in line, that will be a killer car for the entry level luxury compact group (BMW 3series, Lexus IS 250, etc etc).

I will say that GM has impressed the crap out of me since 2007. Being that I was already a full time Chevy Fan/owner and ever since the government assistance moneys GM has been awesome with all the changes that they have made.

It all started with the GMT900 Silverado that were a world different and better from the 800's. Onto the release of the redesigned Malibu's, I still like these cars. Another good hit that boggles my kind is the HHR. I am not a big fan of them but they are all over the place. Rode in a SS and it was pretty quick but I am sure that the SS conversion was better in the Cobalt.

You can't stop to think about the Equinox cause that is what this site is all about! I was proud to be a GM owner. I was already a multiple car owner but I didn't have to settle for my needs.
I think of it like this.

When the wife and I looked at the Nox I was really wanting the Tahoe. The wife did not like the size so I was like I guess we are not getting anything for right now. We walked the lot and stumbled on the Traverse. I was thinking to myself so if you went with the Suburban in mind and that was too much you can resort to the Tahoe. If the Tahoe was too much then there is the Traverse. ECT

As we walked the lot from the traverse fall of 2009 we were overjoyed that the Equinox was what my wife loved to death. It was perfect everything for her.

So yeah I am more of a lifer now. I may go back and get the Suburban later as a 3rd vehicle of a 3500. The wife is still fearing the bigger vehicles.

Members online