Chevrolet not honoring TSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Radio_Guy

Reaction score
Hello!

recently I have been having issues with Chevrolet/GM not honoring a Technical Service bulletin for a problem I recently experienced with my 2010 Equinox equipped with 2.4L Ecotec Engine (LAF). I am curious if anyone else has had similar problems getting GM to honor the TSBs.

I experienced sudden loss of power while driving on the interstate during winter driving conditions. I managed to limp the car to a dealer, who told me the rear main seal blew out because of extremely high positive pressure in the crank case. They went on to say that it was caused by the PCV valve being frozen or blocked.

I did a little research and found a GM TSB# 14882. http://m.gm.oemdtc.com/Recall/SB-10057977-8108.pdf

In summary, it states:

CONDITION
...2010-2014 Chevrolet Equinox ... equipped with a 2.4L engine (LAF, LEA or LUK) that have experienced high oil consumption may also experience a frozen and/or plugged PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) system during cold weather operation. This condition may increase crankcase pressure leading to a rear crankshaft seal oil leak. If the oil leak is ignored or not noticed, an engine clatter noise may be noticeable and/or the engine pressure warning light may illuminate. If this condition is not corrected, continued driving with engine noise and/or the engine oil pressure light illuminated may damage the engine.

SPECIAL COVERAGE ADJUSTMENT
... Dealers are to perform a crankcase pressure check, and if required, remove the intake manifold and clear the PCV orifice. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer...​

Unfortunately, GM states that the VIN on my vehicle does not apply to this TSB. When I asked GM what the VIN range is, I got nothing. Does anyone know where I can find the VIN range of a TSB?

Thanks!
Radio_Guy

Drtydn

Reaction score
Unfortunately, reading through the reimbursement part of the TSB you would have to report it before March 31, 2016. Be under 10 years from when the vehicle was put "in service" and be under 120,000 miles. Either way it looks like we are S.O.L. sorry man.

Members online