Bulb Change on 2012 LTZ Nox with Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PFinnegan

Reaction score
Hi All-

I bought some HID lights for my 2012 Equinox LTZ but I have not messed with Projector lights yet. I can get to the lights from the wheel wells but from there, I am lost... The Projectos have a Metal housing around them and I am skeptical to mess with them....

I called my dealer and they informed me it would be $150 in labor to change the bulbs...Seems pricey but then again it could be really technical if they are charging that much...

Has anyone every changed the bulbs in their projectors? Any tips or instructions are appreciated!!

Thanks
Patrick

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
If they are replacing the entire housing of the head lamp then I think that is a great price.

Honestly, if you are doing any more than changing the bulbs you have to remove the fender liners, under carriage valance and front bumper just to get the head lamp out. There are 2 mounting bolts for the headlamp that is also for the bumper. Its a PITA and worth $150 or could take you a entire day or weekend.

Members online