Brand of Tires on Factory 18's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Hey guys...I'm new here and working out of the country at this time, but when I return back to the states I'm looking to buy an Equinox. So...what brand of tires are on the factory 18 inch wheels? I know that the factory 17's come with Michelins. How about the factory 19's? Also, is the "dual exhaust tip" setup only available with the 3.0 V6? I have seen some with the single tip, some with the dual but wasn't 100 percent sure that this was the reason behind it. I'll be living in the Chicago area...so...what do you recommend, AWD or FWD? Thanks guys!

Blue_Bowtie

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I am pretty sure they are the same michelins and let me tell you they are great tires. I need to rotate mine but we have 46k on them right now.

The dual tip is only on the V6 3.0.

And being that I used to live 20 miles east of cleveland growing up for 18 years if I lived there I would not get the AWD. If I had the choice for AWD with the 2.4 I would get the V6.

I have always has a FWD vehicle and never had any issues on snow and ice. I even drove 2wd trucks in the North.

I hope this helps and know that this is just my opinion.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the info. I had a set of Michelin's on my old 2wd pickup and they were great, so I was hoping that the 18's had Michelin's too.

I definitely will get the V6 no matter...I am still up in the air about the AWD, especially since my wife will be driving the vehicle sometimes!

Thanks again!

Blue_Bowtie

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
By the way...nice Equinox, is that Twilight Blue Metallic? It looks great! :waytogo:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Yeah that would be a tough one for me...

With AWD you definitely get the traction you need. But sometimes the security with acceleration might be a little dangerous when to comes to stopping.

ptco911

Reaction score
I have a 2012 AWD with 18 inch wheels (Michelin tires). I have the 4 cylinder and single exhaust. I just went through our first snow storm with it and it handled like a champ.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Sounds great...thanks for the reply! Do you know what model of Michelin's they are on your 18's?

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Thanks...I just read about them, they seem like some really nice shoes! :waytogo:

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
I have the Michelin Latitude on my 2011 Terrain and this was last year on night after driving home from work.

132282253.gif

got to say I had no problem getting home that night and I seen a lot of cars and trucks in the ditch or stuck on hills

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Very nice looking Terrain...I think! Glad to know the Latitudes are good in the snow, thanks! :waytogo:

Members online

Latest posts