Brake problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mastergunner82

Reaction score
Ok to keep this short and sweet: replaced all rotors, drums, and pads/shoes.

Replaced rear passenger drum again. First replacement was horribly out of round.

Next I did a test drive. Returned home to find smoking front passenger brake. Replaced the rotor (again) and put a new caliper and pads on.

Bled the brakes. Front passenger brakes apparently still grabbing.

I would rather not test drive again for fear of destroying another ABS sensor which melted last time.

Need advice.

jdpete

Reaction score
Since you replaced the calipers that rules them out. Did you check the caliper pins? I've seen problems also with the brake lines. The rubber line between were the steel line ends and the caliper can get kinked to were it allows fluid through but will not let any fluid back so pressure won't be relieved. Sometimes the way the pads are wearing could hint at the problem. If the piston side pad is worn down more, it could be a problem with the line. If the outside pad is worn more, it could be the semi floating pins not moving freely. Just some food for thought.

Members online

No members online now.