Body Part Interchangeability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05equinox

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the site, and did a quick search to no avail.

I have a 2005 Equinox, and today the hatch was left open as the car tried to leave our garage and the garage won.

It buckled the hatch door pretty easily and then obviously shattered the glass along with it.

My question is that I have located a 2007 rear hatch/trunk, or whatever you want to call it, and it says most 05-06 parts are interchangeable, but it doesn't say if 07-09 parts are as well. I see no difference visually, I am just curious if there is something that will no make it work on my 2005.

Thank you in advance for all your help!

Keith

mswerb

Reaction score
I don't see any reason why it would not fit, there were no differences in the body style. I would get a second opinion, just to be safe.

05equinox

Reaction score
Well, I did a more thorough search of the interwebs and found the lift gate pn, 89023032, and went to gmpartsnow.com and changed out the years and they all came back to the same number.

So if someone else runs into this issue hope this helped.

05equinox

Reaction score
Thanks, but I picked up one locally. It was 2007 and the skin/glass itself were the same, but the wiring harness, wiper motor, handle were all different. So everything had to be swapped over.

But it did work, if anyone ever runs into this problem in the future.

Members online