Aftermarket stereo without chime retainer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdowell3388

Reaction score
So I'm upgrading my whole sound system and putting in a double din head unit and running 2 amps. 1 for subwoofers and 1 for mid/high. I can't find anything online about this but don't need to keep the chime? I'm mainly not wanting to spend $150+ on a harness. If I can bypass the chime what harness could I use? And if noone makes a harness could I tap into the factory radio harness. I only need the ground, power and switched power since all my speakers will be ran through my amps. I've got a base model equinox with no steering wheel controls.

bearbait

Reaction score
Back in 2008 I bought a new Nox basically stock with the anemic stock radio. Took it to various radio shops and they wanted $1000+ to replace system. Called Crutchfield and they stated no need to change radio. Ordered 350w Alpine amp and 4 Infinity speakers to the tune of $300. Got complete instructions on installation and great tech support. Results were amazing. Only problem is chime is a little louder because of going thru amp. Friend of mine said I should have gotten a hearing aid instead.LOL

cdowell3388

Reaction score
I'm running a taraamps 3000hd mono amp on 2 audio legion 12s tuned around 35hz. And for my doors I'm putting in mb quart coaxial speaker and a infinity kappa four 4 channel amp pushing those. And I just bought a jvc kwv840bt double din head unit. I just need to figure out if I can bypass that chime since I'm only using the power wires from the head unit to the cars wire harness

Members online