7" GPS for Equinox for under $160.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samvluong

Reaction score
Just brought a new Equinox LS and decided to add a GPS unit to it. I order a 7" Magellan from Costco for $156. Since I using USB stick for my music so I don't need the cd player in the vehicle. I cut a piece of 3/4" plywood 4.25" by 7.5" with 45 angle at 1 end. Took the rubber liner under the cd player out. Put the plywood in there and hook the GPS up the it's holder that come with the GPS. Slice the GPS in and marked the base of the holder. Then peel the tape under the holder then stick it to the plywood. Now I have an unit that look almost like part of the car and convenient to program. It also easy to be remove if you need it in another car.

Attachments

• 0626031258.jpg
    0626031258.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 61

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
That looks nice! I had done something a bit similar with my TomTom but i keep losing satellite signal and ended up placing it back in the window.

samvluong

Reaction score
I have not take it for a test drive yet. However my wife told me it is work okay so far. I did put a 4.3" Magellan there and it was working fine for 400km test.

Members online

No members online now.