2020 Equinox - Exhaust System Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kylerj6695

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Equinox 2.0. I started getting a rattle from below the vehicle and finally discovered the exhaust system had shifted forward and started rubbing against other parts from what appeared to be worn out exhaust system hangers. I replaced four of the hangers and it fixed it for about a day and it’s right back to the rattle. Does anyone have any advice on what to look for or how to fix this?

PoManNox

Reaction score
If all the rubber dongers are lubed up and sliding freely on the hanger rods, I can't think of what else to do other than bend a hanger/rod rearward so the exhaust swings back a bit.

NXR71

Reaction score
My 2020 2.0L had a rattle at low speeds in the first year, 20 MPH and lower. The dealer replaced the muffler under warranty and it has not rattled in four years.

Is this a low speed, high speed, or continuous rattle?

Kylerj6695

Reaction score
My 2020 2.0L had a rattle at low speeds in the first year, 20 MPH and lower. The dealer replaced the muffler under warranty and it has not rattled in four years.

Is this a low speed, high speed, or continuous rattle?
It is random rattle. It appears the entire exhaust system is shifting forward and rattling exhaust a wheel mount

Misha

Reaction score
I created an account just to post to this thread. I have a 2019 2.0 L Premier, and I have been having this exact problem! At first it was only showing up at low speed and when idling at stops, but then it became constant. I took it to a mechanic and they found the hanger bracket to be bent nearly sideways. They pounded it back into place and it’s been good so far, but that was only a couple of days ago. I have no idea what is causing it. The mechanic is inclined to think it’s my driveway, which does have a steep approach angle due to multiple layers of asphalt on the street. On 19” wheels, though, and I have a hard time believing this is the case. What is going on???

Members online

No members online now.