2018 Equinox Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Saturday morning I got around to calling OnStar technical support (customer tier) from my cell while I was in the Equinox and we went through a host of commands by pressing the phone (virtual advisor) button. It will recognize "dial", weather and traffic when saying "virtual advisor" or "store" it gives us traffic or weather.

They've elevated this to their programming dept. and I'm hoping to hear back from them within the next couple of weeks. I'll report back after they contact me or if I need to nudge them.

I have been told by onstar that those functions have been eliminated .All after 4 trips and 18 days at the dealer . I am in the process of looking for compensation based on the fact that onstar kept telling me to take it to the dealer .I am currently working with s senior rep at Chevrolet . If it is true that those functions have been eliminated ,the owners manual on page 404 is also wrong

gpart

Reaction score
I received a voicemail from OnStar a couple of days ago explaining that the features of being able to store an "answer call number" or store a navigation route have been discontinued for the 2018 OnStar / MyLink system. That's the story, so far.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
I received a voicemail from OnStar a couple of days ago explaining that the features of being able to store an "answer call number" or store a navigation route have been discontinued for the 2018 OnStar / MyLink system. That's the story, so far.

Thats the story I received also .However since it was onstar that kept telling me to take it to the dealer . I was compensated for lost time .The owners manual is wrong too .

Members online

No members online now.