2016 Equinox Sunroof Drain Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jneubauer

Reaction score
So, after heavy rain I get water from the sunroof dripping down the right-front pillar, and onto the front passenger seat.

The last time this happened, I got an air compressor, and managed to blow out the line - or maybe it stopped raining hard.

A couple of questions:

1. Where is the exit to the drain located? Is it in the rear wheel well, like older models? Is there a diagram or picture of it?

2. Assuming that I can find the exit point, can I access it, to try to clear it?

3. Is there a "coupling" in the pillar (or elsewhere) that could be disconnected, and is a problem only when it rains hard? If so, where exactly is it located, and how do you access it?

Svard75

Reaction score
So, after heavy rain I get water from the sunroof dripping down the right-front pillar, and onto the front passenger seat.

The last time this happened, I got an air compressor, and managed to blow out the line - or maybe it stopped raining hard.

A couple of questions:

1. Where is the exit to the drain located? Is it in the rear wheel well, like older models? Is there a diagram or picture of it?

2. Assuming that I can find the exit point, can I access it, to try to clear it?

3. Is there a "coupling" in the pillar (or elsewhere) that could be disconnected, and is a problem only when it rains hard? If so, where exactly is it located, and how do you access it?

For petes sake take the car into the dealer for repair service. The sunroof should not be leaking and if it is the drain should be outside the vehicle not down the pillar and inside. I can only assume the drain pipe has not been connected properly.

Members online

No members online now.