2013 Brake Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vetteguy

Reaction score
Hello All. I'm new to this forum so go easy on me. I have a 2013 Nox LT 2wd 4 cyl with 26000 miles on it. I bought it new. Over the last several months it developed a pulsing in the brakes during moderate to hard stops. No issues with normal braking and it did not pull to one side or make any unusual noises. While in for an oil change last week my mechanic said the brakes needed replacing. I was kind of surprised since it was inspected in Feb with no issues so I pulled the front and back wheels.

There were several nasty surprises: All the pads were indeed VERY worn (but not evenly), the rotors were badly glazed and one was somewhat scored. All the pads were frozen in the caliper mount brackets, it took several hard hammer blows to even move them. One of the things that puzzles me is how the brakes even worked as well as they did considering how frozen the pads were. Obviously I have now replaced the rotors and pads and everything is working as it should.

Has anyone on this Forum encountered anything similar? It just doesn't seem like the brakes should be nearly destroyed after only 3 years and 26k. I don't feel I'm a hard driver and the car sees very little city or stop and go driving. I wish something had shown up before the 3 year anniversary and then maybe Chevy would help but it didn't. The calipers all seemed fine and the pistons retracted normally when I put the new parts on.

Since I can't see any obvious cause, either I am missing something or there is some obscure set of conditions in play. I have done searches here and have not found anything similar. I would welcome your thoughts and ideas or comments if you have seen this before.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

corky

Reaction score
What you describe is pretty typical with the original set of brakes. No lube or attention to detail is used when brake pads and brake hardware are installed at the factory. Watch the video below and Eric O will walk you through a quality brake inspection with pad and hardware replacement.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhw_d_EWrOQ

Staff online

Members online