2011 Equinox won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terasuu

Reaction score
I have a 2011 equinox ls 2.4l and it randomly starting saying service stability trac system, reduced power as I was going into a parking spot. I turned the car off and now it just won’t start anymore. I had to get it towed home. I don’t know a whole lot about vehicles, but I tried replacing the battery just to see if that could’ve been an issue but it didn’t work.

Heres a video of what it does when I try to start it

Uluz2a6

Reaction score
I'm betting the timing chain stretched (causing the engine light and other warnings on dash) and finally jumped enough teeth to allowimg pistons to collide with valves and bending them.

You need to perform a compression test.if you have a AAA and can get towed again for free, take to a shop for this diagnosis. If not able to get a free tow, you could call a mobile mechanic service to do it.

If you are in Las Vegas I will do for free

mjwalsh74

Reaction score
I have a 2011 equinox ls 2.4l and it randomly starting saying service stability trac system, reduced power as I was going into a parking spot. I turned the car off and now it just won’t start anymore. I had to get it towed home. I don’t know a whole lot about vehicles, but I tried replacing the battery just to see if that could’ve been an issue but it didn’t work.

Heres a video of what it does when I try to start it
Buy or borrow an code scanner. This is a classic symptom of a bad throttle body. Easy job to perform yourself!

mjwalsh74

Reaction score
Buy or borrow an code scanner. This is a classic symptom of a bad throttle body. Easy job to perform yourself!
Same exact thing happened to my neighbors equinox, same messages on screen, dealer replaced the throttle body and all good. Just waiting for it to happen to my equinox…

Members online

No members online now.