2011 Chevy Equinox, never again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mark44004

Reaction score
i"ve been on this site telling of my woes on our 2011 Equinox with the 2.4. Bought it new and had the oil consumption issue from 26000 miles on. currently has 157000 mile, mostly freeway. complained for years about oil issues, not an issue says GM. after the car gets to 122000 miles, GM says there are issues and will replace rings, pistons etc... but not for me because i am over the 120000 mile guideline. bastards. but i got them to pay for half the repair.
this year 2016 has been the year of the repairs. Transmission breaks, replaced with a rebuilt one from GM, $4000.00; drive it home, ABS issues. Sensors are shot replaced at 300.00; wiper arm mechanism replaced, door window motor replaced, major exhaust component replaced, and now after 3 weeks with a new transmission installed, the rear main seal blows out on the engine because of a faulty PCV system causing back pressure in the engine,. That repair is $1800. Mother effer! Not to mention all the other stuff along the way.
Tried to trade it in at the dealership where they're doing the repair and i just want 4000 for my trade on a Ford Edge. They don't want my car.
So, GM is done. No more forever. Submitting my years of repairs and history to a lemon law lawyer to see what happens.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi i have a 2012 equinox lt. Up until now shes been wonderful compared to my junky 11. How many other 2012 owners r dealing with 2012 2.4 engine problems with oil issues? I have 81,000 miles. This crap gm is saying about the 1,000 mile 1 qt. Is ridiculous. Like a friend said to me its not the 70s! I keep up on the maintenance on her. Ty .

cstonekk92

Reaction score
I so feel you. I bought mine used but of course didn't receive the letter about the piston and rings ect until after it hit the point where they wouldn't cover it. The issue came to a head when i got he ac turned off d/t engine overheating and i only had 1/2 quart of oil in the engine. Fixed the sensor and add oil every week. But wait, the ac stopped blowing cold air when that error came on and still blows hot air. Its 98 in texas right now....So thought I would get it appraised to see about trading it in.......I owe 8800 car lot said its worth 3500...I am so done with chevy and I have been dedicated.

Members online

No members online now.