2010 Equinox Bluetooth just stopped working one day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryano1124

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I bought a 2010 Equinox a few years back and haven't had any problems out of it. Suddenly, last week my bluetooth on my phone wouldn't connect to the vehicle. I've tried on several occasions to figure out the issue on my own but have been unsuccessful thus far. I know the bluetooth on my phone works - I've connected it successfully to my parent's car and my wife's car.

For reference, I've deleted all of the connections on the list to make sure I hadn't capped the 5 phone limit. When I turn the bluetooth on for connection in the car my phone can't find 'General Motors' like it says to search for.

If there are any more question I can answer, please let me know, I'm at a loss at this point.

rle222

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me this month with the same Equinox 2010! Actually it won't allow me to delete the previous connections either (all five are full so I can't even try to add one). I took it to the dealer last week and a guy first set the system to factory settings....that didn't delete them. Then he pulled out the fuse to the system to see if that would clear it. Nothing was deleted but the time. Only offer I got was to bring it in for $125 diagnostic and probably would have to replace the radio system for the tune of over $500.00. So for now I just go a Jabra wireless bluetooth speaker for my visor and using that. Would love to get it back on the system but not will to spend that much. Hope someone knows the answer!

Members online