2006 equinox wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwind2010

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 06 equinox and I am trying to put in a radio system and I need to get my 0 awg wire from the battery up front through the firewall and then under the carpet all the way to the back. What would the best way to do that? Mainly how to get the wire through the firewall.
Also I need a good spot to ground my amps in the rear, where would the best place to ground them to, I usually ground them onto the rear struts but there is no access to them from the inside.
Thanks for the input!

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Its been a few years but when i worked on my Ex's 05 Equinox, i pulled the wire through a Gromet that was already in the firewall on the drivers side. Popped the trim on the floor next to the door sills and ran the cable, popped the trim back in, and that worked out just fine.

kwind2010

Reaction score
Did you install subs in that car? Where did you ground the amp in the rear of the car if you did?

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
I created a ground by drilling a hole. The whole body is grounded you just need to expose bare metal and by drilling a hole and using a screw to attach the ground wire you are good to go. I've never had a problem with this method in any of the cars i've installed on.

I tapped into the interior fuse block near the center console for the "remote" wire on the sub so the amp would shut off when the radio shut off.

Good luck!

kwind2010

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! Got my DVD player in the dash tonight then this weekend the rest will be put in, can't wait!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts