09 Equinox ABS codes c0035 c0040 c0045 instantly/simultaneously

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jkbel4

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Chevrolet Equinox 3.4L. ABS, Stabilitrack, traction control lights are all on including message stating all wheel drive off. Which I'm assuming is related to the ABS issue. Has 3 codes, C0035, C0040, C0045. If I clear the codes, they instantly appear back no matter how many times I try. Which leads me to think my problem is deeper than speed sensors. My scan tool live data shows 0 mph on all sensors except the RR. Which will give erratic speeds but mostly shows 0. If I click on active test and try to power on pump, it says abs solenoid issue or pump fault. I went ahead and changed all 4 sensors just in case and same exact issue. Why would 3 different sensors instantly and simultaneously show bad. Any suggestions?

Mikelha

Reaction score
Based on the codes you provided (C0035, C0040, C0045) and the symptoms, it's likely that there is an issue with the ABS wiring harness or the ABS control module.
1. Inspect the ABS wiring harness: Check for any damaged, corroded, or loose connectors. Make sure the wiring is not chafed or shorted.
2. Check the ground connections: Ensure the ground connections for the ABS system are clean and tight.
3. ABS control module: If the wiring and ground connections are in good condition, the issue might be with the ABS control module itself. It may need replacement or reprogramming.
It's important to address these issues with a qualified technician, as working with the ABS system requires expertise and proper tools.
https://dtcvehicles.com/c0040-code-brake-pedal-switch-a/

Last edited:

Members online