05 rear end problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrisb

Reaction score
Hello , this is my first post and I am not sure If i am posting in the right place so please bear with me. I have an 05 with 90k miles on it. Back when I had 28k it had snowed when the AWD went to kick in I heard a grinding noise. took it back to dealer and they replaced a clutch I guess in the transfer case what ever has to do with the awd. has not happened again until now . I ignored it cause how often do I go into awd , I live in NYC and it does not snow much here.
so now if i am on the highway between 50-65 mph the console in the interior shakes. I was told that my rear differential is going and i will be $850 with a used one from a junk yard . Has anyone had this problem on there 05?
or am I getting bull****ed?

LoneSniper

Reaction score
I have an '08 AWD with a similar problem. On hard turns and when I accelerate uphill it the rear end shuddered. Mechanic said differential oil was bad and had grit in it, after it was changed car was good for about 100 miles, but then shudder returned. Will have to investigate getting a replacement or trading in for a new diesel Colorado :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts