05 NOX front and rear bumper cover update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
So the Fiance, decided she would bump into another car and crack her bumper cover, front grille, and grille molding.

So of course instead of spending hundreds to get all these fixed from the body shop, i've decided to try my handy work out and see what i can do myself.

My plans are to replace the front bumper cover with a new replacement i found online for about $70, i've decided since i can't stand the normal look of the LS with the plain Jane plastic bumper that turns a lovely oxidized powder color, i'm going to paint both the front and rear bumper covers to match the Black Metallic paint. While i've got the front end apart i'm also going to restore the yelllowing headlights with some polishing compound and buffer wheel.

I bought a cheap mesh grille in the mean time that is currently on the car to hold her over thru the winter. Here are some pictures of the before. I'll be working on the rest over the weekend and should have pictures of the finished product in the next week.

Attachments

• Caseys nox front.jpg
    Caseys nox front.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Caseys nox rear.jpg
    Caseys nox rear.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 29

oleg1981

Reaction score
nice man! how did you removed the front nickel strip that is goint from side to side and covers the head lights? iv just got some bubls to replace and did not want any surprises. i was wandering to paynt my front and back bumper's middel section silver. like that.
sg_640.jpg

and back
2006PontiacTorrentRearAction01.jpg

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
well lets see, the Chrome Grille Molding is actually really easy to take off. There are tabs that slide into slots at the top and bottom of the molding. If you take a flat head screwdriver, find the tabs and gently push down and pull the molding out at the same time with your other hand it comes off pretty easy.

I do like the two tone look on the Torrent. I wanted to do something different than the plain black but its not my choice lol. I'm just happy i don't have to put Trim Shine on the front and rear bumper covers anymore :)

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Ok so painting is complete, and restored the front headlights to get rid of that nasty yellow film. Now i'm just waiting on a new grille molding. Once i have that should look pretty nice! Here are a couple pictures in the mean time.

Attachments

• IMAG0303.jpg
    IMAG0303.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAG0304.jpg
    IMAG0304.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 21

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
The Old and New :)

My Fiances 05 Nox all finished and The Dark Knight and Her's together

Attachments

• Nox1.jpg
    Nox1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Nox11.jpg
    Nox11.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 27

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Next task for her car is repainting the center console plastic bezil, The common issue is the paint wears off and it looks horrible. Has anyone done this on the 05-09's any best practices?

Cupcakesavage

Reaction score
I had my center console painted black at a shop I strip the paint down myself, if you do so you will notice the console itself is in a black color, my equinox is all blacked out with the chrome grille and custom headlights and tail lights