Stuck dust covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scchevelle468

Reaction score
So 2 weeks ago I went to put a different set of low beams in my 2014 LTZ. Over the years I’ve put quite a few bulbs in the car trying to find something that is bright and gives me a good beam pattern on the road.

As I may have mentioned, or not mentioned, I live in deer country and see them every single night on my way home from work @4AM, so I need to be able to see pretty good in front of me. I have already added a 24” quad-row light bar to the bottom of the grille opening which illuminates the road for a pretty good distance and I also have 100 W high beams in the reflectors.

I could not get the low beam dust covers off of the back of those housings.
It was as if they were glued in place.
The only thing I had done during my last bulb change was to clean them really well, clean the gaskets really well, and lubricate them with white lithium grease and put them all back together.

Well, let me tell you, I had to remove all of the fasteners and pull down on both sides of the car, the inner fender wells to be able to get my arms directly in sideways from the outside and grab those covers with both hands to be able to turn them to break them free. The only thing that I noticed was that the gaskets had distorted a little bit and had appeared to be hanging out of the edge of the opening and getting pinched.
They’re on the car right now with no gaskets as I wait on a better pair with new gaskets, since you cannot buy the gaskets separately anywhere that I have found, and then I will convert the car to 50 W Morimoto HID’s in my projectors.

Have any of you ever had your covers get that stuck? Did that happen because I used white lithium grease?
In all my years of playing with cars, I have never had a problem like this with using a lubricant like that.

Members online

No members online now.