auto headlamp issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taduncan2023

Reaction score
2023 Equinox. Curious if anyone else is having same issue I am having with the auto dimmer lights. At times my auto lights will not turn to low meeting another car. I tried to turn low when in the auto mode and it wont let me. It continually stays on high. I turned the button to manual so that I can change myself and it will still switch over to auto, high beams. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

ricklack

Reaction score
Mine has gone wonky a couple times in the last 2 years. When I switch Intellibeam off, it usually stays off for me. Mine once switched to high around a sharp right turn, blinding a couple cars coming towards me. If I remember, that time I held the dimmer handle back towards me and the lights stayed on low until released.

I also have the Intellibeam turning itself off at times, if I manually turn high beams on then it usually turns back on. It is great 95% of the time but those few glitches could be a killer.

taduncan2023

Reaction score
Mine has gone wonky a couple times in the last 2 years. When I switch Intellibeam off, it usually stays off for me. Mine once switched to high around a sharp right turn, blinding a couple cars coming towards me. If I remember, that time I held the dimmer handle back towards me and the lights stayed on low until released.

I also have the Intellibeam turning itself off at times, if I manually turn high beams on then it usually turns back on. It is great 95% of the time but those few glitches could be a killer.
Yes that is what I am worried about that 1 time. Thanks

skeeter35

Reaction score
My intellibeam turns itself off randomly and I can't turn it back on. Frustrating as hell. I've searched and ask the dealership and can't get any answers. 2020 equinox lt 56000 miles.

ricklack

Reaction score
Not that this helps, but the 2023 Ford Edge rental I am driving has had similar issues with the auto high beam system, whatever they call it.

Members online

No members online now.