2021 Equinox Premier Infotainment Has a Ghost Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ladybee46

Reaction score
So I have had my 2021 Equinox Premier for approximately 2 months. I bought it from a dealership as a certified one owner vehicle. It had been in no accidents.
Well about two weeks into my ownership, the screen on the infotainment center started doing random screen switches on me with nobody touching the screen.
Now it is randomly changing my music stations on the radio and if I play my MP3 thumb drive which is in my USB port in my center console, it skips in the beginning of the song.
I have heard this problem referred to ghost touching.
Well, give me a good exorcist cause I do not like this at all.
I also heard it could be an expensive fix and no, I did not get an extended warranty. It has 55,999 miles on it.
Anybody have this issue and what did you do to fix it. I love this car and really do not want to trade it off and begin my search all over again.
Thanks in advance.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Is it certified preowned? If so, it should have some warranty with it. If that just means one owner, it really doesn't mean anything. Never trust carfax or the dealer saying it has never been in an accident. They lie and skirt the system. A software patch might remedy your issues. Of course it could be more severe, but I would rule out the small stuff. Being a Premier, does it have a sun roof? Are you certain it doesn't leek?

ladybee46

Reaction score
Is it certified preowned? If so, it should have some warranty with it. If that just means one owner, it really doesn't mean anything. Never trust carfax or the dealer saying it has never been in an accident. They lie and skirt the system. A software patch might remedy your issues. Of course it could be more severe, but I would rule out the small stuff. Being a Premier, does it have a sun roof? Are you certain it doesn't leek?
We just had a heavy rainstorm Tuesday night and my sunroof does not leak. Everything was dry next morning. It has to sit outside because we use our garage for a business. And it is certified preowned. I called the place I got it from which is a 75 mile one way trip and they said it had warranty on it but when I called my local dealership here in town, they looked it up and said they never filed it with GM so, NO there is not a warranty on it.
Calling the place I got it from again they say there is. It sounds as if I will have to get it back up to the dealership where I bought it.

ricklack

Reaction score
You don't live near Skinwatcher Ranch, do you?

Sorry, had to do it ............. ;)

Members online

No members online now.