2021 equinox premier turbo fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy dude

Reaction score
I purchased a 2021 Chevy equinox with a platinum gm extended warranty well the turbo went out and they said it was do to the cold and the extended warranty wouldn’t cover it I never heard of that warranty people said it was in the 10 page contract papers they gave me at the sale which they never did give me I never knew about this I spent $3400 on a warranty that has 8 different ways I can be voided anyone else go through this now I have to pay to have it fixed I think it’s noting more then a scam

95-007

Reaction score
I purchased a 2021 Chevy equinox with a platinum gm extended warranty well the turbo went out and they said it was do to the cold and the extended warranty wouldn’t cover it I never heard of that warranty people said it was in the 10 page contract papers they gave me at the sale which they never did give me I never knew about this I spent $3400 on a warranty that has 8 different ways I can be voided anyone else go through this now I have to pay to have it fixed I think it’s noting more then a scam
Have you tried to escalate the issue back to Chevrolet?
Also, for a small fee, you may want a lawyer to look the contract over with an eye toward the dealers reason for not honoring.

ricklack

Reaction score
Due to the cold? That is the classic failure type for these turbos. My friend had a 2018 Trax with 158,000km on it and the dealer fixed it under the factory 160,000km drivetrain warranty.

Someone is trying to get over on you - if Chevy can't help, a lawyer is needed. Unless your extended warranty specifically excludes turbos (highly doubtful), if your drivetrain warranty is expired, then the extended most certainly should have covered the repair.

Billh

Reaction score
I found this cover in the glove box of my 2024 to use in temps below freezing.

Attachments

• IMG_1886.JPG
    IMG_1886.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1888.JPG
    IMG_1888.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 14

Severum17

Reaction score
The factory warranty should be 3yr/36000 push the dealer

SteveK

Reaction score
curious, what was the cold weather temp at the time of failure.

Warranties should cover bumper to bumper. When there are exclusions (they know what is likely to fail) then all you are doing is padding the purchase price. JMO why I do not buy warranties on top of original included.

ricklack

Reaction score
I found this cover in the glove box of my 2024 to use in temps below freezing.
Mine did not come with this, in Canada it comes if your car has a block heater. I ordered one from the dealer, it cost somewhere around $25 CAD, a bargain in my book. Part # 85551504

Jpc1623

Reaction score
I has a 2020 Premium 1.5t the first winter freeze the check engine light came on, brought it right back to the dealer. He fixed it! It happened 2 more times. I mentioned the lemon law, they kept the car 2 days. Replaced intercooler and per silent warranty put a corrective baffle on. No problem to date. KNOCK ON WOOD

Reaction score
What dat dinky lil Cover supposed to do?
Also, hook up wit an Chicago Attorney I used to sue GM 'bout a noisy Engine in a 2011 "nox". Think his name is Jim Smith....

Members online

No members online now.