2010 Equinox battery problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbiggers

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I need some help/ideas. Back in May, my wife was pulling into our driveway and the Equinox just instantly died. Would not crank or anything. The electronics had been flashing on the way home. Well, we got it towed to the dealer and they said the battery acid leaked out and ate through some cables. They replaced the battery and all the cables and we have been fine since. Well, tonight she is pulling the Equinox into the garage and the following happened: battery light came on, stabilitrak light came on, menu screen said "check stabilitrak", and Drive "D" light on gearshift went out. The car was still in gear and on, but wouldn't move when gas was pushed. She turned it off and back on, and then it would move. I backed it in and out of the garage a few times and it moves ok. Only light still on now is battery light. Needless to say we will take it to the dealership in the morning. I hope it makes it there.

Any ideas on what's happening? Is this related to the problem we had a few months ago? Very frustrating......

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Hopefully it is a bad batch of batteries but it may be due to the extensive heat you have been having.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rbiggers

Reaction score
I didn't talk to the service person firsthand, but they said they had to re-program the computer and order another "module" for it. Said this was part of a recall. They said it was computer related and the battery light might come on again before the new module was installed, but that it was just fine to drive the car until then. ETA on new part is next Tuesday. All of this doesn't make much sense to me. Any comments?

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Could be, everything seems to be controlled by the computer now.

rbiggers

Reaction score
Not yet. Didn't hear from the dealership today. I'll give them a shout in the morning. Maybe they are still waiting on that part.

rbiggers

Reaction score
Can't get the Service Advisor to call me back now. Might have to give the service manager an earful tomorrow.

rbiggers

Reaction score
Agreed. Still haven't gotten it in to get fixed. Scheduled to do it this Thursday. We never could get an appointment that worked with our schedule.

eddien22

Reaction score
battery issues as well

I have an appointment tomorrow morning. I have had my 2010 ltz for a few days now and wouldn't start this morning. I charged it all day got 3 cranks and was dead. Hopefully its just a battery thats bad and nothing major. will post up after fix.
Cool site btw, 1st post here!

prheaume

Reaction score
It make sense for the programming. At BMW when we change a battery or an electronic part, we have to program, by programming we mean register the new part to the main computer, and on the same time the system check if all the modules inside are up to date with the last version software. That is why sometimes we have to keep the car for 3 to 4 hours just to replace the battery.

Welcome to the electronic world !

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I have an appointment tomorrow morning. I have had my 2010 ltz for a few days now and wouldn't start this morning. I charged it all day got 3 cranks and was dead. Hopefully its just a battery thats bad and nothing major. will post up after fix.
Cool site btw, 1st post here!

Welcome to the site and thanks for your 1st post!

So what ended up happening from the trip to the dealer?

Members online

No members online now.