Wind deflectors....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northcreek2624

Reaction score
Let me pick your collective brains on this one. When we got my wife's 2011 nox it had what appears to be dealer installed stick on wind deflectors. I hate them because they look like all that add-on Lund stuff that was the rage a while back, they block some view, make cleaning more difficult, hide the chrome window trim, and we don't smoke so it's of no advantage there.
My wife of course, likes them because some lady at her church said "AWW you've got wind deflectors..NICE!"
I could take them off and she probably wouldn't notice for a thousand years or so...but if she did, I would have some 'splainin' to do.
What say you?

mswerb

Reaction score
Taking them off might be a pain. The 3M tape they are stuck on with is not intended to come off. You might get the deflectors off, but the tape will leave a lot of sticky residue to clean up.

Wthclt

Reaction score
Use dental floss to get them off and chrome cleaner will get off the residue. they do make the visors that go inside the rail and leave the chrome exposed...just added those took about 20 minutes.

northcreek2624

Reaction score
Last summer I removed the side door strips from my Denali and that was on paint and suffered no ill effects, I have found that D&L hand cleaner which is lanolin w/o pumice breaks the adhesive down nicely. You have to be patient though, overnight works best. It will not harm paint,rubber,chrome , whatever...Mike.

Members online

No members online now.