New rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prheaume

Reaction score
I know that .7 mm is not a big difference, but there is a difference, 5x114.3 will fit but not bolt tight in place. the wheel will have a spot that will not sit correctly and safely on the hub.

SalsaNox

Reaction score
Question: Mine is the 2005 Equinox... is it 5x114.3 or 5x115?
(I dont think that info is in the owners manual, but I'll check later today)

EQUINKNOCKS777

Reaction score
114.3 will fit fine as long as u either snug all lug nuts by hand a little at a time not tighten one then the next make each one snug up then slowly make each one tighter in a pattern or use hubcentric rings from tire store or parts store. I've used 114.3 several different times on few diff gm cars without any problem. Search on google and many ppl back it up as long as you bolt the rim on slowly and evenly your all good

prheaume

Reaction score
google if you want, do it at your own risk.

I work in the automotive industry and will never ever do that on my car. I know it is not a big deal but it is still way dangerous as the wheel will sit on the stud instead of sitting on the center of the wheel.

If it's the same why will they do both? There is a reason if a car with 5x114.3 don't come sometimes with 5x115.

I saw a lot of stud break with this procedure and sometimes you can also loose a wheel. If an accident happen (I know I go far but it is reality) you car insurance will not pay damage caused by a part that is not recommended for your car.

So, can it be fitted : you can if you want to.

Do I recommand it? Of course not

Members online