Hi From Canada, Near Montreal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noxdude

Reaction score
New 2011 Equinox, New To The Forum

Hi,

I bought the wife a brand new 2011 Equinox LS two weeks ago, with some extra bits installed, and thought it was high time to search the net for a suiting forum to partake in.

We are very happy with this purchase. I feel that GM has turned things around on some of its new models. This is the first domestic vehicle(literally, I didn't even realize this was built in Ontario) to enter our family in close to 20 years. Very nice vehicle, I test drove everything out there, from the Kia Sorento, to the Hyundai Sante Fe, VW Tiguan, and even the Dodge Journey.

The Equinox won in just about all the criteria I was looking at. :waytogo:

Here is a pic with the salesman showing the wife some of the features. Now all I need to do is to get rid of that hideous front lice plate frame, since we don't need them in this province.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 6

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
What's up Dude?

Welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase... Seems like you did your homework before purchasing the nox... Is it the I-4 or 6?

That is a good looking ride for sure!

We are glad to have on our forum!

noxdude

Reaction score
Thank you!

It is the I-4, with FWD, in fact, I didn't even bother test driving the 6! The 4 bangers with the other competitors felt sluggish, slow, and buzzy. There is no excuse in my book to have a slug of an engine, in order to gain fuel economy numbers. The nox's I-4 felt smooth, quiet(not as buzzy as some of the other makes), and the power was not too bad at all. It feels like a well sorted normally aspirated 4cyl. The only other 4 cyl power plant I like is in the VAG lineup, and that is the 2.0T as found in the Tiguan, etc, but that vehicle was too small and overpriced once you started to build one. On that last note, I was also especially impressed with the standard equipment level on the base model Equinox LS, in fact, I had them add the USB port(very nice service at this dealership for putting up with my wants and needs), a couple of chrome items, rear cargo net, and off we went!

My only debate now is whether to add the chrome door handles or not. I already had them add the chrome mirror covers, so I'm not sure if the chrome door handles will be overkill or not with the vehicles white paint. Any feedback would be appreciated come to think of it!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I think that chrome package looks nice..

It usually consists of mirror covers,door handles and the side cover of the luggage rack...

I think it would be a nice addition. I have thought about it too but I like the color match look.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.
I think the white Nox would look good with the chrome door handles.
I have a 2011 Terrain (carbon Black) with the chrome pkg on it and I love it.

On a side note I spun the front tires (tire) the other day when I took off from a light a little harder then I intended to.. LOL

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.
I think the white Nox would look good with the chrome door handles.
I have a 2011 Terrain (carbon Black) with the chrome pkg on it and I love it.

On a side note I spun the front tires (tire) the other day when I took off from a light a little harder then I intended to.. LOL

Hot Rod!

Members online