fuel smell recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paniro187

Reaction score
i'm quite sure my equinox should have been part of the recal but chevy is saying it isn't. question is does anyone here have a step by step on how to replace this thing???

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
How and where do you think the fuel smell is coming from?

Does it happen when you put gas in the car or when you are driving down the road?

paniro187

Reaction score
It's def the fuel pump. Saw a couple drops of gas on the ground. There is a recall for the fuel pump in certain states and Texas is one of them . I'm in Texas and ill be damn if they said mine isn't covered.....

paniro187

Reaction score
looks like chevy is keeping the term "recall" at arms length. instead they are calling it a extended warranty.... either way go to the delaer or call chevy and they will fix it for free they finished mine

kjlee2112

Reaction score
I know this is old, but I actually had the same thing happen to my 08 Sport. I didn't know anything about the recall and paid $980 to get it fixed at Firestone. Found out after that the recall was there, but not necessarily for the 08 Sport. Long story short, I contacted Chevy and I just picked up a check for the entire amount that I paid to get it fixed. I was surprised it happened, but very pleased, considering the situation.

Goldendoll

Reaction score
I know this is old, but I actually had the same thing happen to my 08 Sport. I didn't know anything about the recall and paid $980 to get it fixed at Firestone. Found out after that the recall was there, but not necessarily for the 08 Sport. Long story short, I contacted Chevy and I just picked up a check for the entire amount that I paid to get it fixed. I was surprised it happened, but very pleased, considering the situation.

kjlee2112, did you contact a Chevy dealer to get a refund or the corporate Chevy office?

Members online